Tuesday, July 10, 2012

" Golden State Warriors, Part 8 "


One of the things that I loved about ABOVE THE LAW'S early recordings, is the top notch beats they rocked for the time period..Even though Dr. Dre is credited as handling the production - it is widely known that "Big Hutch" also had a hand in the groups sound..

Some would even go as far as to state that Dre copied elements of Hutch's production steez throughout his career (take a listen to Black Mafia Life for further analysis)..I also have to add that Hutch's uncle is the legend Willie Hutch, so the funk is obviously in his genes...HAHA..

Anyway, when I heard of KMG's passing last Friday I fell back until I could get an official word..Earlier today Hutch gave an official report that KMG has indeed passed at the age of 43.....Damn..

I gotta send a salute out to KMG for adding that special spice to ATL's tracks...If "Living Like Hustlers" is not on your classic list - you need to get your motherfucking mind right duke..

So it's only right that I post up one of the illest cuts ATL ever made, the "Untouchable" remix...I would just splash ya'll with a vinyl rip, but this video is one of my all time faves...

SALUTE.